Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Bittersweet

Feeling better, although its an off-on kinda behavioral pattern. Had a nice farewell dinner plus chit chat with family and a good time chilling after with the crew. Bill got back from his business trip from China so it was good seeing him again. KrishakaGrumps joined up later with some encouraging news of his first posting overseas by the company in India. Really happy for him. It was time the bright lights were shown upon him. I expect to see him in Bangkok in the near future.

Took a long, slow jog this evening around the neighbourhood. Of all the times I been doing that, today was the first time I really took to the surroundings. The weather was perfect, light sun with intermittent breeze. Left, right, left right. My heart beating faster as my steps quicken. I'm going to miss all this when I'm in the big city. No more laid back lifestyle. Its all ball busting from here. Suddenly I realized I didn't entirely want to leave. However, a challenge lies ahead, so what does one do? Back away? No siree. Going to grab this opportunity with both hands. Just taking some time to absorb what I'll be missing. I don't think anyone can argue with me when I say we take almost everything for granted. When its time to part, all the good memories rush out like gushing water from a broken hydrant.

Anyways, lots of nostalgia at the moment. Last weekend was forgetful. I am however, getting thru the pain of that numbing insensation. It only enhances my believe of fate - whatever happens, happens for a reason. You can quote me on that. Getting on with life. As I know it, so does someone special in my life. I've got a world to conquer.

May the force be with me...

No comments: