Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Time flies when..

Had a superb rest since its an off day but managed to wake up with a sore neck. I couldn't remember my sleeping positions(yep, its was a good rest indeed)but a few times I was off my pillow. I can't turn my head normally, it has to be slowly and gently. Either that or to rotate together with my shoulders when looking around.
Since I was lunching alone today, I went over to the club for a relaxing meal overlooking both the swimming pool and the sea. I liked doing this on my off days. Sometimes being alone allows you to rest your mind. I could stare at the ocean on hours end and there won't be anyone there to ask if I'm alright when in fact I am, just want to be lost in my own world.

Mind you, the day seems to go pretty fast when you aren't really doing anything. Straight after lunch I headed to the lounge to read an autobiography of Roy Keane -Manchester United's brilliant captain. It was nice, I got to devour his upbringing from a mediocre family in Ireland to his impending superstardom over sound of waves coming in and out. Before long, I checked my watch and it was already almost 4pm!! Eager to pick up where I left off I hurried to the dvd store to pick up some movies and while browsing thru the titles, the shutters of the shop comes down(Ok, its a not really a legit dvd shop but at RM8 a pop??)and I'm stuck in there with 3 english buffons criticizing and praising actors and storylines. I was a bit taken back because I thought to myself, what if the authorities managed to break into the place? Will I be arrested for buying a product of a duplicate? I certainly know the owner will be hauled off but what about us? Consumers? Anyways, I didn't let that bother me too much because after we were all done with our purchase, were shown out without any officers waiting outside..

Since I'm seldom home I decided to watch some telly, see if I can catch some Anthony Bourdain adventure. Unfortunately he wasn't on so I turned to Simpsons for some entertainment. Not long after it was starting to get dark and dinner would be next on the agenda. Decided to call up the guys and have a meal together instead of the usual family dinner since everyone's doing their own thing tonight. The call was made and the venue, Wong Kok. It was my first time there patronizing and I utterly have no idea why people like the food. Our dishes seemed bland in terms of color, taste and the rice very dry. The guys summed up theirs as terrible and won't be coming back again. Yet, this place is popular in the eating circle. I'm dumbfounded..

Good eating places are hard to come by these days. Its more commercial nowadays rather than quality assurances. Next week will be another hunt for a decent dining experience. As for today, its been a rather relaxing retreat and quality catch up with myself. I still think 24 hours a day isn't sufficient..
'Life's short, party hard'

No comments: