Sunday, March 13, 2005

I now pronounce you...

Its was an unusually quiet Saturday night as Krish left for his business trip to Indonesia. That left Garrick and I as Bill spent time with the missus and Alan joining the company dinner. Started out slow enough as I was dying to have some beer. We went round to some spots but everywhere seemed crowded. In the end we popped by a pub called The Torch, in Hillside area.

It seemed like a nice pub which never really drew much patrons although its been there quite some time now. Garrick settled for a mocha ice blended while I took in a couple of Coronas'. As we sat chatting by the bar, various topics came up. See we both come from different family backgrounds but we seem to share similar common sense but different points of view. Talking to Garrick will always be like having a debate, well a friendly one because our views are always different but we mostly come up with very contrasting thoughts that make each of us see it from an exterior point of view. Get it? That's probably why I like having a chat with the guy. Its coz we seem to learn from each other and expand on that thought. So now we've got not only one but two solutions to a problem! Two heads are always better than one.

One of our discussions were marriage. We're in our mid 20's and lately, we both have close friends tying the knot. We talked about how not long ago we were just happy hanging out, having a drink, looking at birds..now we're staring at the impending matrimony in about what..5-6 years time? Time flies.
First time I blinked my eye, I was born into the world. Second time I blinked I was crying at kindergarden, refusing to leave my mother's side, third -I was in high school with a lot of mischief under my belt, fourth - my first girlfriend at 18 & also a wonderful kiss...and so the story goes...

Having lived 26 years of my life on earth, its hard to believe by the next blink I'll be staring into the eyes of the woman I truly love and saying 'I do'.
I still feel like a kid, well I'm not really that old, but yet I don't really feel I'm actually in my mid 20's. At this moment, I'm contented to just work hard and play hard for what happens...happens.

No comments: