Friday, February 25, 2005

Bygones be bygones

Well its been quite a week! With the celebrations dying down and holiday friends heading back to their adopted nations, its back to the usual routine for this exhausted chum. Its been a gruelling week working and also hanging out with long lost friends who are on holiday. Towards the end, my body gave in and fell under the weather. Its been blazing hot on this little island and has brought about scores of flu and fever cases.

I just want to write that..I managed to patch differences with an old friend. We go way back and about four years ago, had a fall out due to my selfishness and ignorance. Being younger, I hadn't really made the right moves of a love interest and in the end destroying many friendships that were priceless. I was cast as a pariah and shunned. I don't blame them and I didn't really thought much about it. In life we are the ones responsible for our actions and in that I gained a lot of enemies. However, in those three years being with that someone, I was able to learn so many valuable lessons in life. I was able to see things differently and that differently meant a pure, uncorrupted envisage of everything in my life. Basically I saw more optimism than pessimism. Its like when the other person acknowledges your love and does so in return for the first time. Its that wonderful euphoria that rarely comes by in one's life...

So anyways, I breathed a sigh of relief. Glad that I managed to gain back a wonderful friend. Its not the end yet as there still is another..I'm still hoping that one day I'll be able to sit down to a great conversation with that person again. For now, I'm just so happy the first step was a successful one. I'm really hoping for more positives this year despite what astrologers predict. Like I said, one is responsible for their actions. Today's peace treaty has come to a conclusion. Now for the next...

No comments: