Monday, February 21, 2005

Busy month

The group photo was a success with everyone turning up for the much hyped proceeding. It was almost a near impossibility to gather everyone of us for it. In the end, all fourteen very fine looking gentlemen posed with their million dollar smiles. A moment immortalized. It began as a crazy day coz the restaurant was at its full capacity and it was impossible for me to leave for the shoot. Luck was however on my side. The crew went on a drinkfest the night before and couldn't make it out of their beds so it was postponed by an hour. Bill had come by to pick me up and we got there right on the dot.

Its been a busy month with the CNY lunches and dinners taking place at the restaurant, coupled with night outs with the holiday boys. Traffic all around the island was just crazy. Out of towners were the main culprits! I always wondered, what's all the attraction this tiny island has to offer? Its laid back-ness? Not likely from the countless brushes with road rage! My friends tell me its the food that Penang has to offer. Folks here will travel near and far if the food is..CHEAP and GOOD. For my case, its a difficult pill to swallow when I get complaints about the price, how its cheaper in other eateries..I know, its part of the game. Criticism is a brutal presence in the food industry.

Its part of the everyday scenario no doubt. I'm just here to assure you get the best in everything when you step in..and maybe some 'Chok Dee'..

No comments: