Tuesday, November 09, 2004

My Princess of Smiles

It was 9ish in the morning and I had just slept a little over an hour before my cell rang. It was always my unconscious habit to lunge for anything that made noises in the mornings -cellular phones, house phones, alarm clocks, knocks on the doors.. I was however happy to hear a familiar voice. Michelle had just gotten back from the weekend in Amsterdam and I was glad she called to tell me all about it. Slumbering out of my one hour sleep for a two hour conversation, I had been thinking of my Princess of Smiles. Our relationship, although long distance was actually gaining depth and we're counting the days till December. She's one of a kind. The fun we have together was just spot on natural and eventhough simple fashioned, we enjoyed ourselves immensedly. We went thru a rough patch before but we've managed to put it aside and make this relationship stronger.

This was probably how I'd sum it up -The Royal London Circus. Our first major date. Never in a million years would I have brought a date to the circus.. Not especially someone who I was just in awe with standing beside to. Our dinner was a combo of greasy burgers with flat and diluted coke, followed by her request of cotton candy. From there we were all laughs and smiles watching the performance. It was just so comfortable, I didn't need to worry if she was ok, bored or embarrassed because she had the glow of satisfaction being there. I still couldn't believe I had brought her to the circus. To the modern day ultra-hip dating scene, that would probably have gone down as a flop but she gave me the thumbs up and impressed to be brought on a first date -packed with a whole load of major first impressions.. To the circus.

No comments: