Saturday, November 13, 2004

Emergency hotline?

I'm truly appalled by the emergency service we have here in this state. I don't know whether its the fact that this week is the Deepavali/Raya festivities but celebration or no celebration, emergencies do occur. My neighbor had fallen off the ladder while trimming the hedges from a high place and his forehead was bleeding profusely from the impact.

Why do they call it an emergency hotline when nobody picks up? I had to dial the operator to transfer me, or the only other alternative was to wait till someone picks up at the other end. It took about twenty long minutes before the call was responded but the dispatcher didn't know the location.. How difficult could Tanjung Bunga be?? Came up with an alternative to wait at Fatty Loh chicken rice to greet them but it took them an hour and twenty minutes (I timed them) to reach the destination. How could it take an hour and twenty minutes from General Hospital to Tanjung Bunga with the sirens on?? We'd told the operator he was bleeding profusely and needed quick medical attention. It was appalling! I was left to think, what if this was my Mum? Dad? Brother? Princess of smiles? A loved one? I was furious with their conduct and they showed no signs of hurrying any attention to my bleeding neighbor.. Emergencies are serious, otherwise there'd be no hotline or a number to reach for nothing.

Anyhows, I'm glad to hear he's recovering just fine..

No comments: