Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sad

A while ago I joined my mate D, his gf and a friend, A for dinner. Arriving late, I apologized and offered to pick up the tab but was rebuffed by the three of them.

It was a good meal with flowed conversations and lots of laughter. A was certainly a looker. Young and beautiful, she was part of the successful sales team of a pubic listed company of imported luxury cars and I got to know her bf owns the largest pork slaughterhouse in central Thailand, which doesn't take a genius to conclude he's from a well to do background.

Fast forward to the present and I asked D how A was and he informed me her bf has terminal leukemia. There was nothing the doctors could do and he was seeking traditional treatment all the way in China. He added A was completely devastated, and I, shocked.

I've never met him before or why I'm actually blogging about this, but its a real cruel fate seeing what a cheery person A is and having to be dealt with this deplorable situation. Guess all the money in the world can't buy you everything.

I wish A and her bf spend their best times and have great memories etched during the final bend before he's taken into God's hands.

No comments: