Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Recharging the Soul

Its been a very satisfying break for the past 2 weeks. Heading back, just relaxing, chilling with the family and friends recharged the soul. Managed to pack in a few pounds at the same time too. Realized living all alone in another country makes you see you're working your butt off to do your parents proud and achieve your desired goals.

In Bangkok, I seem to thrive on making it in life. The loneliness and self-disclipine spurs you on to challenge your inner demons. It wasn't easy leaving home, the place of comfort, where one is so used to getting pampered, where striving really isn't on the menu but more of taking-it-as-it-comes. I thank my parents for giving me this opportunity, for they reluctantly allowed me the freedom to choose my preferred destination or profession. Their continuous backing is what I always hold close to my heart, and that's probably why day in, day out I live life as a workaholic.

Fact of the matter is I had a great time-out, nowhere better to enjoy it than your home base. To my great bunch of (skirt-wearing)friends -LOL-, thanks for coming out for the chats and beers. Wish you guys the very best in your working paths and that of your love lives. Don't ever be a stranger...

No comments: