Monday, December 20, 2004

Twista

My cat, Twista was tragically killed today by my father. I'm not a big fan of cats but Twista was different. He seemed more like a dog than a cat. Cats don't come when you call it to, well it depends on their mood basically. But Twista (I named it such because his tail was in a twist) wasn't an arrogant cat. It was different from its siblings and was a playful kitten right from the start, without a fear in the world of people.

I became atttached to it after noticing it warming up to me like my own pet dogs. Imagine me actually taking leftovers of fish and feeding it after carefully extracting small amounts of flesh. Everytime Twista saw or heard me, it'd come dashing from nowhere and brush itself against my shoes, typical attention seeker I admit but he does it in such a professional way it reminds of the the scene from Shrek 2 when the cat (voiced by Antonio Banderas) stops a bunch of knights with its innocent smile. I really can't believe he's gone...

Dad explained that Twista was under his car sleeping and as he let the handbrakes down for the car to move..*censored*
Its unbelievable.. I was just playing with him before leaving the restaurant. Its just gonna be so quiet without him around. Even my cooks were telling my dad to make up a story that Twista ran away, or was taken by some good samaritan for a proper home. But dad being dad, couldn't hide the truth and started with 'I have some bad news to tell you..'

Sigh.. today's blog is a dedication to ya, Twista. Rest in peace wherever you may be.

No comments: