Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Restaurateur / Intern Chef

After a long period of procrastination, my blog is up and running. Ironically, its also my off day so here goes... I've decided to get down and dirty by waking up early and heading to the restaurant to pick up the secrets of Thai cooking. I feel I have passed the stage of boring management at the establishment and want to churn out Hip & New ways of satisfying my clientele's hunger. Looking at Jamie Oliver having a ball of a time (besides being paid handsomely to do it)while cooking in his program inspires me to do the same. I have a good relationship with my kitchen staff, so why not get with the program and cook together? I have to admire my cooks. Weekends when it gets busy, they keep their cool and cook up a fabulous meal for my clients. Its really admirable that they maintain their professionalism eventhough it can be chaotic in the kitchen. I guess they are passionate people who live by their mottos' of being in this line. You can see how they delicately slice up raw materials, carefully place the garnish, gently sprinkling toppings and a long line of other dedicated, chefly moves. Wish me luck as I begin my journey into the world of cooking...

No comments: